Monday, January 25, 2010

Struggling along with Adsense

I should have posted an update long ago. Last time I posted was last year. At the time I mentioned that my progress had slowed, as the site I was making consistent income from, fell in the google ranks. My plan was to create two new sites and try to raise my average daily earnings to approximately $3.

Ok, well I only created one additional site. I did not reach $3 per day, and I still haven't reached the $100 mark to request my first withdrawal. I am very close to it though, and I should definitely be able to request my first google cheque in February.

The new site I created is not yet on the first page of google. I think right now it is going between pages 3 and 4. However, for the few visitors I've received, I've gotten a taste of what things could be like once the site gets on the first page, as each click pays quite well.

My aim for this year, though I hope to achieve this long before the year is up, is to make on average $100 a day. I've done some calculations, and I think that I can reach this goal with 240 keyword focused posts. This is going to be a lot of work. First of all, it requires doing the keyword research. Then I will need to create the posts. Then I need to do what I can to get backlinks to each post/article, until they rank well enough to start earning near their potential.

As this is really a very tedious and time consuming task, I intend to outsource some of this work, using current earnings. So once I request a cash out, I will look into outsourcing some of the content creation. I will be spreading these articles over the few sites I have. If I find any real keyword winners, I may also create new sites to target them.

So my first order of business is to come up with about 240 keywords. Once I do this, I will try to put a timeline on when I hope to achieve the $100 per day. I am going to try to assemble this keyword list by the end of the first week in February. This should be an exciting year. So check back to see my progress.

No comments: