Sunday, October 18, 2009

Revenue Report

I think what I will do from now on is to give a report of how much I make each week. Maybe as things pick up, I will give a daily update. Mind you, I'll post updates to the blog more frequently than once a week, but in terms of revenue reporting, for now, that will be once per week.

So this is my first report. For the week ending yesterday (Oct 17), I made close to $0.70 (I use an approximate figure here just to be sure I don't violate any terms of use). This is from my niche site and from 2 clicks. I'm not sure what my traffic was like, but it was very low. I don't get much per day. Also, this is the first week that I've had adsense ads on my site.

I'm hoping to eventually make around $300 per month from this particular site. Please don't ask me what niche it is. For a number of reasons it is just not wise to give that info out. But clearly what I need to do is to increase my traffic. However, as I said in an earlier post, it needs to be targeted and unique web traffic. This I get from search engines. So what I really need to do is to get my site ranking better in the search results. The main way of doing this is by getting backlinks to my site. So for the week coming, I will be doing what I can to increase my backlinks. I might also add new content to that site.

I should also mention that I do have another site where I am trying to earn from adsense. But so far my success on that site has been very poor. However, I anticipate it will increase as I continue to develop the site. I'll give updates on this too.

No comments: